Finished: Watercolour Rainbow Blanket

IMG_1930

This blanket took me a while to make. I wasn’t really focused on it and used it as a filler in-between the other projects. I originally wanted to make them all squares and sew them together. But it was dragging on and I figured I need it finished and out of my way.

I made 16 7×7 squares and 2 28×28 squares. The pattern in the wool was a happy accident! Each of the smaller squares took about 12 minutes each. Sewing them together has never been my strong point. I used clothes pegs to keep them from bunching up and it seemed to work. The ends are annoying me and I wished I had sewn them in as I went. Eventually I will finish this off properly.

I’m thinking about adding a small thin border in white or black just to finish it off nicely but that’s a job for another day!

Wool used: http://www.iceyarns.com/dancing-baby-yellow-white-pink-orange-green-blue

Pattern: Variation of this http://thecrochetcrowd.com/crochet-corner-to-corner-afghan-project-youtube/

Time spent: 5 weeks

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s